The Nicest Gift I've Received from a Student or Parent or Colleague

Today's post is to reflect on the nicest gift I've received from a student or parent or colleague. I think that, reflecting on this school year, the gift of trust means the most to me.

I, like many of us, have a student this year that has suffered greatly in her life. She has dealt with issues that no adult should have to experience and she has struggled academically as a result. She hasn't performed well in school previously and I needed to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. 

I am very proud to say that she is slowly, cautiously, shining in my classroom. I have seen her smile, make (limited) eye contact with me and other students, show effort in class, and probably most surprising of all, speak out loud in front of the class. This year has been kind of a "two steps forward, one step back" year and I do not at all feel that her success is entirely my doing (thankfully she has a team of support) but I am grateful that she feels she can trust me. #reflectiveteacher 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Perspective and Peel the Fruit Thinking Routine

Industrial Revolution Haiku

Name That Executive Role!