A Book That Made Me a Better Teacher...


The book History Alive!: Engaging All Learners in the Diverse Classroom, helped me to be a better teacher. It was given to me nineteen years ago by my cooperating teacher, Debi Parizek, because it was her go-to resource for teaching High School Social Studies. The ideas and concepts presented in here (scaffolding learning, interactive notebook use, critical thinking activities, differentiation, hands-on learning) helped me to begin my teaching career developing and honing a student-centered, dynamic, active classroom where all learners can feel successful. I am positive I would have been a less effective teacher without History Alive!.  I am so grateful to her for introducing this teaching methodology to me--it's still essential to me today. The book sits proudly on my shelves and I often use it for ideas. #reflectiveteacher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Perspective and Peel the Fruit Thinking Routine

Industrial Revolution Haiku

Name That Executive Role!