A Quote That Inspires and Guides Me

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. 
~Mahatma Gandhi

I have only recently learned of this quote but the meaning behind it has guided me for years. 

I feel that teaching is a calling and I try to live up to this calling every day. It's one of the reasons that I push myself to learn and grow for my students. 

I also work to make sure that my students live these words, too. I co-created a service-learning opportunity for my Effective Teens students four years ago and so this quote is true for my middle schoolers, as well. I want these teens to see themselves with new eyes and to develop confidence in the leadership ability. By giving to others we gain so much and learn  so much about ourselves. 

#reflectiveteacher


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Perspective and Peel the Fruit Thinking Routine

Industrial Revolution Haiku

Name That Executive Role!