Powerful Student Lessons

Tomorrow's @TeachThought #ReflectiveTeacher post asks teachers to reflect on a lesson learned from one or more of my students.


I have learned many lessons over the years from the students I work with but one of the most powerful reminders occurred recently. This reminder centers on our need to never forget that the students in our care are people and to always, always remember to be kinder than necessary, for we never know the extent of the difficulties in their lives. 

I will remember to teach the whole child and to be mindful to do everything I can to teach them to believe in themselves and their ability to have strength and courage when facing problems.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Perspective and Peel the Fruit Thinking Routine

Industrial Revolution Haiku

Name That Executive Role!