Students today learned about the many roles of the head of the Executive Branch, the President of the United States. I found several images of former Presidents in these roles--can you guess which is which? Post your answers below or email them to me. Choices: Commander-In-Chief Chief Executive Political Party Head Chief Diplomat 1. President Eisenhower 2. President George HW Bush (on the right side of the picture) 3. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt 4. President Reagan meeting with British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher (this one's a bit of a giveaway!)
Students will begin their study of the US Constitution this week. This important document can be challenging for students to understand and here are some links to help: Ben's Guide to Government: http://bensguide.gpo.gov/ The United States House of Representatives: http://www.house.gov/ The United States Senate: http://www.senate.gov/ The Supreme Court: http://www.supremecourt.gov/ The Executive Branch/The White House: http://www.whitehouse.gov/our-government Students, please take some time to become familiar with these sites so that you're comfortable with them before we visit them online in class.
The 2020-2021 school year is ready to begin. We teachers report back next week, our students the week after. I have been very, very quiet this summer because of all that is happening in our world. If I'm honest, I'm usually the one to make small talk or fill in the space when there is a lull in conversations (that's for better or worse--my intentions are good, though). This summer has changed all of that. I've spent these months listening and starting to process the multitude of events that have changed our country and our world--stepping back has helped me to somewhat prepare for this school year. Educators are called to be flexible, more flexible than ever before. With everything happening and changing fast I must pull back, quiet myself, and think. I must make time for this solitude this year. Thankfully this week has helped me feel more ready to start the year than I thought I would be. I went in to organize my classroom. It felt good to refresh the space. It was...
Comments
Post a Comment