Class Agenda Slides



It's important for students to know what they are learning at the start of class. Studying History is important and I strive to help my Historians appreciate what we do in class everyday. My Cooperating Teacher always had a place on her chalkboard to post daily activities. I continued this practice, and as a young teacher, was encouraged to not only state the "WHAT" of the lesson but also the "WHY" for the lesson. 

I now create digital slides for my Agenda and reset my MacBook every hour to display this slide on the monitor as students are walking in to class. The slide is also available on Schoology for students to view.

The Agenda lists the day/date, gives a bullet point list, daily schedule (which changes for Pep Assemblies, Half Days, etc.) the WHAT and WHY of the lesson, and an inspirational quote.

It's always reassuring for me to see students look at the agenda as they're preparing themselves for the hour. I realize that my efforts are important and set the tone for the class period. Our learning shouldn't be a mystery to them and I feel they appreciate this step.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Name That Executive Role!

Historical Perspective and Peel the Fruit Thinking Routine

Industrial Revolution Haiku